Facebook Group Policy
Welcome to the Kamloops Beekeepers Official Facebook Group.
We welcome both beekeepers and non-beekeepers alike. Love bees? You have come to the right place! Discussions on beekeeping, honey bees, native pollinators and ecology are encouraged. Opinions are bound to be varied, and we are all about considerate and courteous discussion and debate. Here are some Kamloops Beekeepers (KBK) Facebook Group Standards to assist members in meeting this goal. The standards set out rules of conduct, guidelines, and the authority of KBK Facebook Group Administrators (Admins). Information and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily reflect those of The Kamloops Beekeepers or the BCHPA. The Kamloops Beekeepers and the BCHPA are not responsible for any inaction or action taken in response to information or opinions expressed in this forum.
- Do not direct arguments, or reactions, against a person making a post; direct them against the position they are maintaining. Be civil. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- No disparaging comments against groups of people. No sexist, racist, and homophobic language or slurs. No ableist language. Ableist language is any word or phrase that intentionally or inadvertently targets an individual with a disability. Examples of ableist language: “crazy,” “insane,” “lame,” “dumb,” “retarded,” “blind,” “deaf,” “idiot,” “imbecile,” “maniac,” “nuts,” “psycho,” “spaz.”
- No fundraising or advertising of any kind without prior Admin approval.
- KBK Group Admins reserve, at their own discretion, the right to close threads.
- KBK Group Admins are solely responsible for administering group membership, enforcing rules and moderating the suitability of content in the forum. Do not appeal to the Kamloops Beekeepers Executive or General Body; we do not have the time or inclination to intervene.
- No complaining about moderation in group posts. If you feel a moderation error has been made, please private message (PM) a Group Admin.
- Report posts which violate our rules to Kamloops Beekeepers (KBK) Facebook Group Admins. You can do this by using the drop-down arrow next to the post and selecting “Report to Admin”. This reports to a KBK Group Admin, not Facebook. You can also PM a KBK Group Admin or flag a KBK Group Admin in the comments. A KBK Group Admin will assess the situation and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Report posts to KBK Group Admins, not Facebook, except in exceptional circumstances. Posts reported through “Report Post” do not go to KBK Group Administrators; they go to Facebook employees. A post may not meet the standards of our Facebook Group, but still may meet the standards of societal discourse at large.
- Blocking Group Admins is not acceptable, as it affects our ability to moderate the group.
- Conduct or posting of content which violates the rules may result in the imposition of one or more, but not limited to, the following actions:
- demand post re-wording; deletion of a post; a caution; suspension or revocation of Group Membership; permanent ban. Admins reserve the right to report a post to Facebook employees in exceptional circumstances.
- Repeated breaking or skirting of rules will result in escalating action.
- Don’t be a “Post Ghost”: Remain engaged with your post; reply to questions, “Like” comments. Expand on your thoughts!
- Provide references or at least double-check your statements of fact. Google is your friend!
- Notwithstanding reporting to Group Admins a violation of the rules, if you are finding that an individual’s personality clashes with yours, consider blocking them.